Rohin Ambaram, DDS, MD
Meet Dr. Ambaram
I grew up in the Northern California area, then moved to Los Angeles for dental school at UCLA, and finally landed in Detroit, Michigan for my Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency. Its been a long journey and I love what I do, particularly when I’m able to make my patient’s feel comfortable and help them achieve their dental health care goals. Outside my practice, I enjoy playing golf and being with my family – my lovely wife and 2 year old daughter.
Bilingual: English and Gujarati.
Skilled Craftsmanship: Designing and building wooden furniture.
Reading: philosophy, scientific journals, biographies
- 2021 – Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Certificate Candidate, Detroit Medical Center
- 2019 – M.D. Wayne State University School of Medicine
- 2015 – D.D.S. UCLA School of Dentistry
- 2011 – B.S. Managerial Economics, University of California, Davis
- General Anesthesia Sedation Permit
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Edwin H. Lorentzen Scholarship –Medical Student Scholarship
- Board of Governors Medical School Scholarship
- Nicholas K. P’Sachos and Mary T. P’Sachos Medical Student Scholarship
- UCLA Dentistry Grant
- UC Davis Dean’s Honor List – College of Letters and Science
Schedule Your Care With Our Expert
- 2014- UCLA- School of Dentistry, Weintraub Center for Reconstructive Biotechnology- Specific gene mutations and its effects on implant osseointegration
- 2012- UCLA- David Geffen School of Medicine, Department of Physiology- investigation on the excitation-contraction coupling process in mammalian skeletal muscle cells using electrophysiology, molecular genetics and optical tools.
- 2011- Volunteer- South African Red Cross Air Mercy Service
- 2012- UCLA ASDA: Global Medical Brigades
- 2013- UCLA Care Harbor
- 2013- UCLA School of Dentistry Treatment Day
- 2014- Mission trip to Honduras- UCLA School of Dentistry